Before building from source, please check out the DXGL source code from here.
- Visual C++ 2010 Express, Visual Studio 2010, or higher. (For 2013 and newer, the free Community edition works for this)
- The following components are optional. The build process will ask for these if they do not exist:
- TortoiseSVN (to fill in revision on SVN builds)
- HTML Help Workshop (to build help)
- NSIS (to build installer, requires TortoiseSVN and HTML Help Workshop to succeed, only NSIS 3.01 tested so far)
These instructions assume that you do not have any of the required software installed. If you already have any or all of this software installed and set up, skip those steps.
- Install Visual Studio 2010 Express at http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/D/9/1D9A6C0E-FC89-43EE-9658-B9F0E3A76983/vc_web.exe or install a newer version of Visual Studio (up to 2017 has been tested, and valid installers should be created from 2010, 2013, and update 8 of 2017).
- Open the dxgl.sln file, select your build configuration (Release or Debug) in the toolbar, and select “Build solution” from the Build menu.